2020 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Campground Opening Dates
Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park have announced campground opening dates for 2020, which are delayed as a result of the coronavirus. You can read the Yellowstone NP statement here, and the Grant Tetons NP statement here. You will find the opening dates below, but note that these are still subject to change. We recommend booking sites soon, as they will be sure to fill.
Planning to travel before the campgrounds open? No worries! You can find our list of campgrounds outside of the National Parks here. These are some fantastic sites on this list that won’t add much driving time to your vacation. And with the lodging and campgrounds in the park closed, you can be sure that you will be experiencing Yellowstone at its least crowded and most peaceful.
Yellowstone National Park
- Madison Campground: June 15-October 18, 2020
- The closest campground to Old Faithful and the Geyser basins, Madison Campground offers reservable sites. Consider making Madison home base for a few nights as it can also serve as a jumping-off point to explore the northern end of the park.
- Bridge Bay Campground: June 17-September 7, 2020
- Located at the northern end of Yellowstone Lake, Bridge Bay offers reservable sites in a beautiful setting.
- Canyon Campground: June 19-September 20, 2020
- Located near the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Canyon Campground has reservable sites & some of the nicest facilities in the park, with easy access to a visitor center, restaurants & a small grocery store.
- Grant Village Campground: June 17-September 13, 2020
- Located on the South Western side of Yellowstone Lake, Grant Campground has reservable sites & positions you well to access the West Thumb Geyser Basin.
- Fishing Bridge: Will remain closed through fall of 2021
Grand Teton National Park
- Headwaters at Flagg Ranch RV Park: – June 1, 2020 – September 29, 2020
- Situated at the north end of GTNP, Flagg Ranch’s reservable sites make for a great jumping off site for both GTNP & YNP.
- Colter Bay Village Campground and RV Park: June 8, 2020 – September 27, 2020
- Our top recommended campground. Colter Bay is well located on the shores of Jackson Lake & offers activities such as boat rentals & horseback riding. RV sites are reservable while standard campsites are first come first served.
- Note: Gros Ventre, Lizard Creek, & Signal Mountain Campgrounds have yet to announce opening dates.